Come per tutti i Feature Pack, oltre ai normali aggiornamenti riguardanti la risoluzione di problematiche della precedente release, Citrix aggiunge diverse nuove funzionalità (molte già viste nella sua release beta).
- Distributed Virtual Switching. Provides distributed, fine-grained networking configuration and control policies, which increase visibility into XenServer virtual networks. Support for the vSwitch has been added as a postinstall option on XenServer hosts, as well as a Controller for administration of multiple vSwitches and crossserver internal networks.
- XenDesktop platform enhancements. Provides local host caching of VM images to reduce storage TCO for XenDesktop VDI deployments. (Note: these platform enhancements will be enabled by a future version of XenDesktop).
- Provisioning Services improvements to Windows volume license (MAK and KMS) support.
- Brocade HBA drivers and command-line tools are included in XenServer.
- Generic Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.x support. RHEL / CentOS / Oracle Enterprise Linux versions 5.0 to 5.5 support with a generic RHEL 5 template.
- Jumbo Frames are now supported for storage networks when the vSwitch is used.
- VM Protection and Recovery. Configure scheduled snapshots and (optional) archive of virtual machines.
- Web Self-Service. Provides browser-based access to selected virtual machines by delegated administrators.
- Boot from SAN with multipathing support. Boot XenServer hosts with HBAs from a SAN, with multipathing support.
- HA Restart Priority. Configure HA policies to restart specific VM(s) first. Developed and tested specifically for StorageLink Gateway VMs, this might also be useful in other cases, such as the Distributed vSwitch Controller VM or License Server VM (though these use-cases are untested, not currently supported).
- Improved XenDesktop VDI scalability. Increased host VM density and resource pool scalability, via a multi-vCPU control domain (Dom0) and other enhancements.
- Enhanced XenCenter. Including StorageLink configuration entirely within XenCenter, workload reporting for VM utilization and chargeback.
- Improved MPP RDAC multipathing including path health reporting and alerting in XenCenter.
- Snapshot improvements. Improved reclamation of space after VM snapshots are deleted, even if the VM is running.
- Enhanced guest OS support for Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP1.
XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 esiste in 4 diverse versioni:
La più leggera, versione Express che comprende solamente l’Hypervisor a 64-bit, ha una dimensione di 420 MB.
Per scaricare Citrix XenServer Feature Pack 1 occorre avere un account Mycitrix.
Per maggiori informazioni: