Vediamo insieme le novità:
- Simplified use for first-time and returning users:
- Users have just one package choice when installing Receiver for Windows 3.3 from the Citrix.com or your own download site.
- Users can set up a Receiver account by entering an email address or a server URL. Receiver determines the Access Gateway, StoreFront server, or AppController virtual appliance associated with the email address and then prompts the user to log on and proceed with the installation.
- The simplified interface no longer includes a Preferences panel.
- ShareFile integration. When used with Citrix ShareFile Enterprise, Receiver enables users to share and send documents from the Receiver window. Documents are stored in the cloud and synced with Receiver across all devices. The ShareFile Outlook plug-in is installed with Receiver for Windows, enabling users to attach large files to emails from Outlook.
- Template to create a site-specific download site. For administrators who need more control, Citrix provides a template that you can use to create a download site for Receiver.
- Automatic updates. For Receivers installed from Citrix.com or your download site, a new update service built in to Receiver automatically handles updates, in most cases silently. Receiver Updater for Windows is needed only if you prefer to use Merchandising Server to distribute Receiver and its updates.
- Access to SaaS apps from outside the firewall without a VPN. Receiver for Windows 3.3 does not require a VPN connection to access SaaS apps remotely. (Enterprise Web apps published and accessed through CloudGateway still require a VPN connection.)
- Hosted Shared desktops. Receiver for Windows now supports server desktops published with Citrix XenApp. The desktops are displayed through the Desktop Viewer. To configure this feature, see the XenApp, StoreFront, or Web Interface documentation.
Il pacchetto ha un “peso” di 43MB: release dopo release sta veramente crescendo molto.
La nuova versione ha integrato un sistema di aggiornamenti automatici direttamente tramite il sito www.citrixreceiver.com
Per maggiori informazioni e per il download: