Ecco disponibile il primo aggiornamento cumulativo per la piattaforma di virtualizzazione base-metal VMware vSphere ESXi 5: l’aggiornamento Update 1 porta con se numerosi hotfix e qualche novità, vediamo insieme :
- Support for new processors – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 supports new AMD and Intel Processors. See the VMware Compatibility Guide for details.
- Support for additional guest operating systems – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 adds support for Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.2 and 10.7.3.
- New or upgraded device drivers – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 adds support for Native Storage Drivers for Intel C600 series chipset and upgrades LSI MegaRAID SAS driver to version 5.34.
- Resolved Issues – In addition, this release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
Oltre agli aggiornamenti per la compatibilità al nuovo hardware ed ai nuovi sistemi operativi guest, vSphere 5.0 Update 1 introduce il supporto per l’accesso allo storage NFS attraverso routing L3 a patto che vengono rispettati i seguenti requisiti:
- Use Cisco’s Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) in IP Router.
- Use Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize NFS L3 traffic on networks with limited bandwidths, or on networks that experience congestion. See your router company documentation for details.
- Follow Routed NFS L3 best practices recommended by storage vendor. Contact your storage vendor for details.
- Disable Network I/O Resource Management (NetIORM)
- If you are using an HP server, do not use Flex-10.
- The environment does not support VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- The environment supports only NFS protocol. Do not use other storage protocols such as FCoE over the same physical network.
- The NFS traffic in this environment does not support IPv6.
- The NFS traffic in this environment can be routed only over a LAN. Other environments such as WAN are not supported.
- The environment does not support Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS).
- The environment does not support Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP). To verify that you are not using VRRP, contact your router provider.
Per maggiori informazioni e per il download:
- VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 1 Release Notes
- VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 1 Resolved Issues
- Download VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 1